Printer Technician

Printer Technician

Location: Minneapolis MN
Relocation not offered. Local applicants only.

SUMMARY

TDX Tech has grown to be an industry leader by supporting the IT needs of dynamic companies in retail, convenience stores and government industries.  Become part of a growing company that provides IT and Project Management solutions for ever-changing customer needs.  We are looking for a detailed oriented person with a broad range of technician experiences, a strong work ethic, and the ability to communicate effectively.  The ideal candidate will have experience in each of these areas and possess the ability to learn and comprehend quickly.  It is anticipated that this position will involve working with a wide range of clients, partners, and technologies.

This position will be responsible for repair and staging of retail and hospitality technology equipment including printers, POS units, computers, scanners and more.  80% of this position is focused on laser and receipt printer repair with imaging and testing POS systems and computers making up the other 20%.

ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES

Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.

  • Repair and Stage printer equipment; complete main board repairs, replace defective parts, and complete equipment configurations and staging activities.
  • Troubleshoot print heads, toner and drum issues, port failures and other common printer issues.
  • Test and examine equipment during services to detect specific malfunctions, such as loose parts.
  • Comply with process standards, such as recording repair work performed on work orders and maintaining clean and organized work spaces.
  • Self-motivate and work independently on day-to-day technical aspects of repairs and/or projects.
  • Respond proactively to identified training, technical support, and customer service needs.
  • Collaborate with team members on technical requirements within and across repairs and projects.
  • Interact professionally with customers, project managers, and technical staff to design, develop and enhance technician service solutions and procedures.
  • Analyze, design, build, and document technician service solutions.
  • Understand business objectives of assigned repairs and projects.
  • Work on multiple tasks simultaneously.

REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:

  • Completion of technical or vocational training program or equivalent experience.
  • Requires superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
  • Excellent written and oral communication skills.
  • Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with a variety of audiences
  • High level of detail orientation necessary to document, train, and support executed technical phases of customer projects.
  • Must be fast-paced and detail oriented with the ability to work independently.
  • Extensive knowledge of Windows operating systems
  • Efficient with Microsoft Office applications.

DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:

  • Experience with laser and receipt printer maintenance and repair
  • Experience with Point of Sale hardware maintenance and repair
  • Willingness and aptitude to learn unfamiliar technology, and to stay informed of new technologies.
  • Experience in corporate retail environment
  • Possess a strong knowledge of operating procedures and systems and ability to ensure procedures and systems are being followed
  • Ability to set and manage priorities.

 

Job inquiry?

Have a question or want to submit your resumé? Please complete the form below, and we’ll get back to you!

Attach your resumé to this submission
(allowed files: pdf, doc, docx; 10MB limit).

Current Opportunities

Printer Technician

Receiving Associate