What To Do if You’re in the Midst of a Ransomware Attack...
According to Fortinet, there were over 187 million ransomware attacks in 2019. That’s over 500,000 attacks on businesses every single day. If you have not yet been a victim of a ransomware attack, the odds are that it is just a matter of time.
Everyone gets attacked, but not everyone knows the best way to react. It’s key to act quickly and methodically to contain the damage. Read the "ransomware attack tips" and checklist for practical advice on what to do when ransomware is discovered.
The following actions will be covered in detail in the Fortinet PDF download (complete the form on the right side of this page).
Steps To Take During a Ransomware Attack:
- First: Don’t Panic!
- Isolate systems to stop the spread
- Identify ransomware variant for tactical approach
- Identify initial access
- Identify All Infected Systems and Accounts
- Determine if data was exfiltrated
- Locate Your Backups and Determine Availability
- Verify the Integrity of Your Backups and Restore To Last Known Good
- Sanitize Systems or Create New Builds
- Report the Incident
- Paying the Ransom? Negotiate First
- Conduct a Post-incident Review
Everyone Gets Attacked. Everyone Needs a Plan
Get Started Today!
To learn more on how to prepare for, or deal with a ransomware attack, download the complete guide and ransomware tips checklist (.pdf format) using the form located on the right side of this page. If you would like immediate assistance, please contact us online, or call TDX Tech at 888-777-0532.
Download the Fortinet Complete Ransomware Tips Guide and Checklist
Complete the form below to download the Digital Ransomware Guide and Checklist PDF.
If you would like to discuss upgrading your network infrastructure to mitigate ransomware risk or need other assistance, please contact us online, or call TDX Tech at 888-777-0532.